Friday, October 19, 2007

Salt, sand, camels, and wooden boats



Hi all,

So, I bought a new camera and spent much of the past week driving around blowing off stress and exploring... I went all the way up to Ras Al Khaimah (the North-most emirate bordering Oman), to Umm Al Quwain (a smaller emirate in between Sharjah and R.A.K.), and to the South-East, to the vast desert along the "empty corridor" in Abu Dhabi. I watched the sun both rise and set over sand dunes, I talked to camels, I explored the desert salt-flats... Many, many photos were taken -- far too many to squeeze onto this page-- so I started a flickr account. Check out about a hundred new images at the following address:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rustythumb/

(I highly recommend looking at the sets on the right of the page so as to avoid brain melt from image overload.)

I am still accepting emails, so drop me a line and let me know what you think... and tell me what's going on over there on the other side of this tiny sandy planet. Enjoy.

-T